Course Description Requirements Core Concepts provides beginning and intermediate business analysts a solid foundation in requirements best practices. This course also helps experienced business analysis teams level-set across an organization on requirements terminology and concepts. This course is often used as the first step in maturing a business analyst organization or building a business analysis center of excellence.
This course teaches students to tie their requirements to the desired business value, thereby delivering more successful projects. We do this by helping students recognize the different types of requirements they need to create and teaching skills to write them. We also give an introduction to techniques for elicitation, scope management, requirements models, and requirements review.
Unique Instructional Strategy
Taught by Seilevel’s expert business analysts, the course is packed with stories from their projects to put the concepts in context for our students. Instructors use a proven game-based approach to training to create an interactive experience for students to learn the materials.
- Writing business objectives
- The value of requirements models
- Effective methods of gathering requirements
- Subject matter preparation
- Requirements meeting planning
- Facilitating requirements meetings
- Interviewing users to find requirements
- Writing requirements: how to write clear requirements
- Reviewing requirements documentation
- Analyzing requirements: how to measure the quality of requirements
- Powerful techniques for managing requirements
- One full day of requirements training
- Breakfast and lunch
- A free copy of Visual Models for Software Requirements, published by Microsoft Press
- A hard copy of the course materials
- A laminated copy of Seilevel’s cheat sheet to take to their requirements sessions: Tools for Requirements Gathering Sessions
- A Certificate of Completion
Interested in private training option or our train-the-trainer program? Contact us today for more details.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.